Thursday, October 25, 2012

Work in progress: applique flowers


I finished the applique on the panel I'm adding to my zigzag table runner/topper. I really envisioned this as hand applique, but when it came down to it, raw edge was just quicker and I want this project finished and on my desk! 

I should have shortened the stitch on my machine for these, but failed to realize that before completely sewing one flower, and I didn't want them to look different, so there are a few wonky spots when you look real close like this. 

You probably won't see this project again until it's complete. I'm attempting to be more monogamous in my quilting (do you just love that term? I can't even tell you where I heard it, but it tickles me to no end!), I really like juggling six projects at once, but it can feel like I never finish anything when there is so much going on. So I'm trying very hard.

That being said, though, Halloween is in six days and my costume is not complete...no quilting for me until that is finished! Then, I will quilt my topper before doing any more work on the Holiday Lane pillow up in my sidebar. So hard! I have such a vision and I can't  wait to see it come together! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the soft greys with that pop of red. The teeny flower in the flower center is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!