Tuesday, December 7, 2010
I said last week that I was hoping to have this bound by Wednesday and I briefly thought on Wednesday, "I should really start binding that blanket." Thursday I finally sat down and sewed the binding on. Then I threw the quilt into the wash to get out the washable marker I had used to draw the motifs on it...and the marker didn't wash out. I don't know if it's because I switched both stain remover and laundry detergent since the last quilt I made, but I was in panic mode. I threw it in the wash again, this time on a more aggressive cycle. It worked for getting the marker out, but it also ripped out some of my stitching.
I finally sat down today and repaired it by hand so that I had something to show here. It doesn't help that I got all of the stuff for a new project in the mail on Thursday and have been kind of obsessed with it. I think I'll post a little peek at that one tomorrow.
Until then, here is a closer photo of the quilting. The fabric and matching thread kind of washes out the design in the top picture. Don't get too close though! Or if you do, please remember that this was the first time I have ever quilted a curve in anything. Yikes!