Tuesday, December 21, 2010


I showed you all a double oven mitt I made last week, but I thought that maybe a single mitt was still in order. I used a pattern from the 2010 Sewing Calendar (there is a 2011 calendar available too) with a bit of alteration to whip this one up.

I made it more complicated than it had to be, but unfortunately I realized how tedious quilting around the zebra stripes would be after I had already started doing it. Longest time spent making an oven mitt in history, folks.

I didn't have enough purple bias tape to seal off the ends, so I used some black and lined it with a purple cotton that was almost the same color to try to make them match. It didn't feel like enough though, and I had to extinguish the urge to bust out the seam ripper (and spend another $3 on this project) by wrapping them as quickly as possible in pretty Christmas paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!