Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Monday Moments: Tuesday Edition



We took the kids to have their Christmas celebration with their grandma this weekend. It's a long trip that we were only supposed to make for one overnight, but my husband surprised us all by getting an extra day off of work to spend at the cabin up north.

This led to a lot of extras that we either weren't planning on at all, or that we didn't think we'd have the time to do. One of them was a little side trip to Traverse City to see the Train Festival (a total trip down memory lane for me as it was housed in the old library that I haven't been in since I was a kid). It wasn't very big or impressive to the adults, but the kids enjoyed it enough for it to be worth the price of admission.



Then we took them to lunch at Don's Drive-In. We neglected to get any of their famous milkshakes though. We regretted that decision later when we told friends where we had been and got all kinds of, "You have to have their shakes!" comments. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have plenty more chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!