Friday, March 12, 2010

Inspiration found


It has only taken me nine months, but I have finally found the quilt I want to make with this Rrribbet fabric I posted about back in June.

My inspiration came straight off of the pages of the April/May 2010 issue of Quick Quilts that came in the mail yesterday. I am SO in love with this pattern, Ruff Around the Edges. You can't tell from the tiny photo on the website but the quilt actually has a tiny little ruffle bordering the blocks in the middle. Incredibly cute!

I just need two more fabrics to be able to make this little lap quilt. I want this blue dot to act as the dark brown, for the ruffle and center square and this orange dot to act as the tone on tone for the background. I got both of those fabrics in a charm pack I ordered awhile ago and marveled at how well the dots matched the dots in my frog fabric, but until I saw the above pattern I didn't lust for yardage.

Now I just have to cross my fingers that by the time I have $30 or so to blow on fabric that somewhere still has two yards of the orange and one yard of the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!