Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I forgot



One more thing happened yesterday that added to the amazing feeling I had going, I finally finished and shipped off all of my dolls to Haiti. These were my last six.



I thought I would not single out my favorite doll this time and show you my son's favorite. My husband loves Hawaiian shirts and Gabe officially dubbed this the "Daddy doll!" It was very cute and will probably lead to me making him his own little Hawaiian shirted boy.



Here are all 16 of my dolls together. After this photo I folded and twisted them all into a 12X12X12 box and sent them off to the Abundant Ground Foundation in New York, where they will be combined with all of the other Dolly Donations dolls and sent to Haiti. I'm very excited to tell you that seven days before the deadline, the goal of 181 dollies have already been shipped to New York! I can't wait to find out what the final total ends up being and I just can't imagine the joy they are all going to bring to the Haitian children.

2 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job on these, and it's got to feel good knowing they'll make some little kids very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic. You did good!

    I love the girls shoes..that's a recent addition, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!