Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Moments



I had a very rare opportunity to hit the mall with some friends from a few hours away...the mall near my house! I absolutely love it when I can see my great friends from up north without the long drive and costly trip to the gas station.

While shopping I picked up a couple of size 4T shirts for my son...a boy who back in August, the last time I saw these particular friends, was wearing a 24 months shirt. How did that happen? In less than a year he is nearly twice his size and so independent.

Now that there aren't gates blocking off half of our home I'm frequently finding him in the refrigerator. I'll go to the bathroom and come out to find him munching on an apple, or waiting for me with a block of cheese so I can slice him off a snack. If he's thirsty, he carries a gallon of milk to wherever I am. Even, a few times, if he's tired we find him in his bed with a blanket. When he inevitably gets up at about 2:00 in the morning, I think that just for today, I might not be too upset at the cry of, "Mommy!" dragging me from bed. I have the feeling it won't be happening too much longer.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a growth spurt! It wasn't that long ago I saw you guys, and he's twice as tall in that picture.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!