Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Moments



I sent a message to a friend of mine this morning saying, "Happy Monday!" She kind of did what I imagine (it's hard to tell over instant messenger) was a little huff of, "Uh-huh, sure Mondays are happy." Can I say what a truly happy Monday I had? It was deliciously sunny and maybe a touch too windy, but I didn't mind a bit because it was better than the snow we had Saturday and Sunday morning.

I went to the car wash and discovered that what I thought was a big mechanical problem in my car was just some dirt built up in the brakes making them squeak.

I went to my son's doctor with a handfull of money expecting to pay a bill that the insurance told me they weren't going to cover, and the receptionist cheerily told me that payment was already pending on it.

I took the unexpected money and went out to lunch with my husband.

I spent some money on myself (or maybe more like my hobbies!) for the first time in a long time and the package of lovely fabrics arrived in the mail today.

I found out that I won a giveaway I entered for a gorgeous quilt pattern from Kim Sherrod Studios along with a charm pack to help make the pretty pattern.

And I got to end the whole day playing outside with the kids. I love me some Mondays.

2 comments:

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!