Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Getting back on the saddle

I wanted to sew. I have been wanting to sew. Of course, my dream project is something new and fresh and devising my own version of a pattern I fell in love with in a catalog, but in reality, had I went shopping for fabric, came home, ironed, calculated and then cut I would have not sewn a single seam. So I decided to attack the Amy Butler basket quilt I have been working on for a year.

I cut the white fabric for eight blocks, thinking that was a perfectly manageable amount for me to complete in a weekend (the Amy Butler is all cut and in a box, I just have to sew until it's gone). Well, it's Wednesday and I still have three more pieces to attach to each of my eight blocks. I had optimistically figured that if I could complete eight blocks per weekend that I would be able to finish the top in four weeks (allowing one weekend to sew all 60-ish blocks together). I think I'm going to have to dial back the optimism..a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!