There is a finished quilt top hanging on my living room wall. I don't yet have the fabric to back and bind it, but in the meantime I'm trying to gain some free motion quilting skills. I have an idea of what I'd like to do with it, we'll see if I have the know-how in time.
Pictured above is my second attempt ever at free motion quilting. I covered probably a 12 X 18 inch fabric with little loops and swirls. I still don't have the even stitches thing down...or the right hand/foot speed combination to not have little loops of thread on the back. But the errors are way less evident than they were the first time. So hooray for practice! I'm thinking I need to buy a yard of muslin for this though...I felt so guilty using any of my scrap just to throw out!
I also made this iPod case this week by request of a friend. She wanted a cute little one like mine, and I thought I would use the opportunity to fix some of the design errors I had made. Turns out, my "errors" weren't as bad as I thought. This one was much harder to put together, and in the end, actually too big. I will be going back to the drawing board to try and find a happy medium between the two.