Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Monday Moments: Tuesday Edition



I finally felt well enough to go on my amusement park trip with my husband this weekend. It was such a good time being out without kids! We even stopped for one last dinner date on the way home.

Shortly after though, we heard this funny noise and the car started acting strange. We pulled over as the noise was getting unbearably loud and hitting the brakes made the steering terrible. We were swerving and barely made it to the side of the road where we discovered that the mechanic who did some repairs earlier in the week hadn't tightened the lug nuts properly. Our wheel almost fell off.

We had to sit at the side of the road and tighten the nuts with a socket that was the wrong size and a hammer. It was a little bit of a pain, but we were so thankful for our lives and for small mechanical issues that we could fix that we didn't even care. I got out the camera and took some photos of the messed up tire, then pointed it skyward.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Thank goodness you guys are okay, that could have been disastrous! I hope Phil is going to the garage to chew them out.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!