Saturday, April 17, 2010

You wouldn't know it, but...



This is so, so messed up. Very different from how it was actually supposed to look. My directional prints are all in the wrong directions, and I accidentally cut the strips to the same size as the sashing, meaning I had to re-size all of my blocks a full half inch smaller than the pattern called for.

For those not in the know, sashing is like a little fabric frame around each block. The blocks in my picture will end up being the red and brown pinwheel shapes.


I actually sewed these triangles together shortly after I took this photo and I am liking the look of it overall. I am not sure how I am going to add the sashing strips I cut though. I think, because my strips are in the wrong direction, it might look pretty stupid to have the sashing run parallel to that. So now I am contemplating a pieced sashing of squares the same width as my strips. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I seriously never would have known there are any mistakes in that. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!