As I mentioned in the tail end of my post the other day, I cannot get the mini quilt pattern I bought at the quilt show out of my head. I have been wanting to make one forever!
I just happened to find the perfect backing (and probably border, I bought a half yard) fabric at my local quilt shop. Being that it is a mini quilt, I figured I had more than enough fabric left from the Bali Pop I made this quilt with to make the top. So I cut the pieces for the largest block and got sewing. It turns out, I read the cutting instructions very wrong, and I am amazed that this worked out, at all!
I wish this piece were in that fabric. I cut all of the pieces out following a chart and not looking at the actual foundation, with the exception of this one spot, it actually turned out how I was imagining. Still, I'm sad that I didn't realize how that was going to look, not sad enough to change it or make another pumpkin, but sad.