Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mini quilt top without borders

First off, how on Earth is it Thursday already? I swear that Monday was just yesterday! This school year just seems impossible to adjust to for me, anyone else? 


I finished sewing all of my mini quilt blocks together. I feel like there should be an exclamation point on the end of that sentence, but it's all wonky and I'm upset about it. I think I might be able to disguise the wonkiness with the borders, so I was not going to post any photos of it on the blog until those were on, but I have had trouble getting to the sewing machine this week. 

Literally. Gabe has staked a claim on my sewing space, as it is fully gated off from the baby. Seems my ideal sewing space is also the ideal place to build with LEGO. I will sometimes get a few minutes to myself to use the machine only to find him hunkered down in my chair, and little plastic men strewn all over the extension table. 

One of two things usually happens at that point. Either I work up the energy to fight with him over my space, kick him out and clean up just in time for the baby to wake up and my sewing time to dissipate, or I just decide it isn't worth wasting my few quiet moments on the fighting and the clean up and I find something else to do. If I'm honest, it's usually the latter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!