Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Moments

Standing inside a dinosaur footprint
We took the kids to Chicago last weekend. We had been planning it for awhile when Victoria came bounding home from school one day to excitedly tell us that her field trip this year was going to be to the exact museum we had been planning on visiting this summer. Ugh! Fortunately, at the last minute they offered her class a vote and all of the kids banded together and chose a different activity! 

There's nothing like experiencing a new place together, as a family. When even one person has been it can sometimes be a race to get to their favorite places, a race where you miss everything else along the way. 

Needless to say, Chicago kept us busy, and when we came home my husband and I needed a few days to recover. 


Only recovering isn't so easy anymore. Caroline wants to walk, so badly! She crawls everywhere and pulls herself up to stand on everything. Which is amazing, because at her 7 month pictures she couldn't even get on all fours without falling down every few times. 

Now I'm chasing that cute little butt everywhere! She wants to know about the refrigerator, and electrical outlets and the foot pedal for my sewing machine. She wants to chew on the dog toys (even the raw hide ones) and her brother's shoes, she wants to crawl in the grocery store...

So when I say that I have sewing plans for this week (and I do, I really mean it!) you can now maybe understand if they don't get done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!