Friday, March 30, 2012

Well, darn!


As I previously mentioned, I had bought Simplicity 2668 to make for Caroline for her first birthday, and since it contained her current size, I was going to make one now to learn how it was going to fit her in seven months. 

It's coming along nicely. Unfortunately, it's also very large! 


She meets the minimum height and weight for the six months size, and she wears six months sizes off the rack in most brands, but this dress nearly goes to her ankles. It may be better when the pins are removed and I can actually put it on her. 


Before I can finish the collar (this is the facing pinned in to give you an idea) and sew in the zipper, I have to finish the arm holes. Which I am so torn about! They only call for a 3/8 inch seam, however, they already look gigantic! I'm seriously tempted to finish them off with bias trim so they don't get any bigger..the only thing that makes me hesitate is that the collar also has a 3/8 inch seam to be added in, which will bring them up further. 

I think I'm going to follow the pattern..maybe..you'll have to wait and see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!