Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Moments

I am breastfeeding. I haven't really mentioned it because it's such a personal thing, but it happens to lead directly to today's moment. I hadn't been planning on introducing any cereals or anything to Caroline until she was 6 months old, but last week her nursing sessions were running about 90 minutes between the end of one and the start of another. She didn't do these back to back sessions once, or twice even..she continued this for seven hours. 


I decided she was sending me a pretty painful direct message. She needed more. So the cereal came out a few days later. Her doctor had already given me the go-ahead nearly a month ago, so I knew exactly how he wanted me to handle things. 

Sadly, she wasn't really a fan. She opened her mouth up at first, but then after a few bites she pushed the food out of her mouth with her tongue and was very actively evading the spoon. So I'm still nursing on demand, even if the demand seems insane, and every couple days I'm strapping her in to the high chair and hoping she shows some interest. 

1 comment:

  1. I started Kate on cereal by mixing it in with her milk...but she was bottle fed, not breast fed. Will Caroline drink breast milk from a bottle?

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!