Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dandelion

Well, I didn't finish five bunnies like I wanted to, but I did finish one for each of my nieces before the holiday. The pattern is so simple and adorable! I just have not been feeling well. Ugh...



My son named this one Dandelion. I told my niece she could give her a new name if she wanted, but I hope she keeps it. It's so cute and creative, and really perfect for the yellow print ears and cheeks on this girl. Very impressive since he hasn't seen a dandelion since he was two. How does he even remember what they are?



I've been doing these bunnies from upholstery fabric samples and cotton prints from my stash. I played around with appliqueing plush fabric for the tail again. I love the effect, but it really is tricky given that you aren't supposed to iron that stuff.

Oh, and did you notice that the felt sandwiched between the cottons totally works for getting the ears to stand up? Hooray! The pattern designer told me it would on her Facebook page, but I was still so relieved when it worked out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!