Yesterday was the perfect day. The weather was gorgeous and it wasn't supposed to be. We were really unprepared. I decided I had better haul a quilt (this one was a gift from my mother-in-law) outside and take photos of my finished bunny while I had the light.
Isn't she so super cute? I love her.
This one is for my youngest niece, who is just at that age where she would pull a tail off of a bunny if I hand sewed one on. The pattern I bought had directions for appliqueing a felt tail to the back, but I didn't have any that wouldn't pill like crazy and I wanted this toy to last. So I tried my hand at applique with minky. I just happened to have two or three large scraps of a perfectly matched purple in my stash. I think it worked out well.
I am disappointed in the ears though. I didn't consider for a moment that the comparably stiff felt the pattern called for would be what held the ears up. I thought that it was somehow in the folding of the fabric. I really should have known better. I like the look of the second cotton print, so I'm wondering if maybe I could layer the felt into the ears like batting and get them to stand in the same way they do on the pattern. I will have to try it with the next bunny I have planned.