Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Moments

Sunday morning, my husband and I awoke to the sound of silverware clanking on a plate. We both were startled long enough to have the thought that the other had got up and was making breakfast, then we both fell back asleep. Some time later my little boy came into my room singing, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" I opened my eyes to see this face.



I asked him what was all over his face and he said, "Fudge cake!" I followed him into the kitchen, getting angry. "Dad gave you cake for breakfast?!"

He smiled at me and said, "I did it!" I didn't believe him until I opened the refrigerator and got my second shock of the morning.



He really did get his own cake! And plate, and fork, though he isn't tall enough to reach the cupboards...so I have to hope and pray that he opened the dishwasher and didn't grab something dirty off of the kitchen counter. Yuck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!