Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Purse for Purse Week

I just recently learned that Lemon Squeezy is having Purse Week, where your bag creation can win prizes. Before I even knew this was happening, I was already working on making a purse for one of my good friends from the pattern I drafted in March. We got the kids together at a playground and a few days later I got a late night text saying, "I can't get your purse out of my mind! I need one!"

If that wasn't enough to make me think that maybe I should enter it in a contest, my sister was actually taking my cute 11 month old nephew to the doctor when someone commented, "Oh, how adorable!" She turned around to say thank you, thinking that the woman was talking about the sweet baby on her arm, and found the woman staring at the version I made for her.



I squeezed one more bag out of my Michael Miller Birds of Norway fabric just for my friend and combined it with a fabric to bring out the teal blue and purple that she loved so much.



I even found these awesome magnetic snaps that come in colors! Real ones, not just antique and silver. I'm sure I'm horribly late to the party on these, but don't rain on my parade, okay?



3 comments:

  1. That is adorable...good luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag i love the color and the pattern is really pretty. I would totally buy the pattern and bag!
    I joined the contest too it is going to be tough on the judges as there are some beautiful bags out there.
    OMG and the color magnets are awesome where did you get them from? I would love to get some!

    Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mayya! I don't envy the judges either there are some pretty bags in that Flickr group! I got the snaps at JoAnn Fabrics. I went in looking for silver and they have a whole wall of different colors now. I needed one and I bought a half dozen because I was so in love!

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!