Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Moments



We took the dog to the vet today to get tested for heart worm. $89 later we came home. It has been her third trip to the vet this year, the other two were $65. Not to mention that she broke off of her chain earlier in the spring and we had to pay a gigantic amount (I don't remember exactly, but it was almost $200) in fines and fees for having her off of a leash, for not having her licensed and for them giving her shots because they had no idea whether or not she was up to date on anything.

She is the gift that keeps on giving. Better vacuum, new clothes when she was in that puppy stage and she chewed on anything the kids got food on, a GIANT hole in my couch so that I can't ever flip the cushion (God help us if it ever gets stained), 40 lb chain that she broke, replaced with a 125 lb chain that she broke, replaced with a 225 lb chain that she broke, replaced with a chain meant for towing trucks because obviously dog chains do not work on this beast, I can't even fathom how much money this animal has cost us over the last fourteen months.

Now, the lovely couple that is responsible for us getting this dog is engaged and planning a wedding for next fall. I have told my husband we are buying them a puppy. I really, really want to return the favor.

I know, somewhere here I am supposed to say it's worth it because my son loves her...but it isn't really. I have found that I am a dog lover when it is someone else's dog. I'd rather not have my own, thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Any chance you will just get rid of the dog...? I know that Gabe loves him, but Gabe will get over it... and it sounds like a complete pain in the butt, to be honest. Thank you for reminding me why we don't and will not ever get a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Erin. Every time I mention it Phil always pulls the, "Could you really do that to Gabe?" card. So far the answer has been no, but she'll probably live another 8 years so I might change my mind. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!