Thursday, July 29, 2010

A place to put it all



I worked this week on a miniature diaper bag for all of the diapers, clothes and accessories that I plan on making my niece's baby doll for her birthday. It looks huge in the photos, but it's really about 9 X 9 X 2 inches.



I lined it in the same green as the flap and used bright pink velcro to go with the Strawberry Shortcake theme. Strawberry Shortcake was my niece's first character obsession and one she still loves. The main fabric on this bag is leftover from the other pillow case I made her for last year's birthday.



Check out my hand embroidery! I'm so happy with how this turned out. I can see a dozen little flaws, but over all I think it almost looks like it was done by machine, and that makes me happy. Not to mention I designed the berries myself and just traced in my niece's name from a printout of a 90 point font in Word.

3 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute, super-cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great, now I've got Superfreak playing in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this bag. SO adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!