Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Monday Moments: Tuesday Edition



Saturday after my husband got out of work we all went to the beach. It was perfect. The water was warm, the sun wasn't too hot and it really helped my jaundice to be out in the light for awhile.

We took the kids out to dinner and hoped the 30 minute drive home would be long enough to get at least the little one sleeping. Summer has seriously put a kink in our grown up time. Since his big sister thinks she no longer has to go to bed EVER, Gabe has got the idea that he doesn't have to either. And even though we make said big sister hit the hay around 9:00 every night she inevitably gets up at 10:00 and 11:00 and many other odd hours of the night to complain about how she can't sleep, or ask what we're watching, or ask what that noise was, or get a drink of water, or ask for a piece of cheese because even though she was SO, SO full at dinner that she couldn't eat another bite, her belly is hungry now.

It is annoying to say the least. Especially annoying when you're addicted to some very scary adult TV shows and you can't watch them for fear of what the kids might see when they inevitably come thunk, thunk, thunking out of their rooms for some inane reason.

Last night the little one went to bed on time thanks to a strategically planned trip to the oh-so-boring unless you're my husband, auto parts store. We watched a movie that wasn't rated G and went to bed at a decent hour for once. As I reached over to my nightstand to grab my Nintendo DS and play my nightly game of Scrabble I heard that familiar thunk, thunk, thunk of my son's feet on the floor. He climbed in next to me and passed out. I would be awakened one more time, hours later by crying and saying, "Too deep. Too deep. Can't go out there." Apparently all of the sun and sand Saturday wasn't good for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. I have two teens who stay up late during summer and it puts a kink in our alone time too.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!