Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday Weigh In

I had my test to see where my gall stones are yesterday. Unfortunately, my follow up appointment with an actual doctor who can go in with a scope and take care of this particular problem isn't until the end of July. Meaning my surgery won't be able to be scheduled until August. I was hoping for at least part of the summer I would get to live, but no. My life is on hold indefinitely. No trips to the beach because what if I have to throw up? No driving myself anywhere because what if I get nauseous on the freeway where I really need to be paying attention? Before all of this happened, my mother-in-law bought my husband and I two day passes to an amusement park. I have to go, someone already spent a sizeable chunk of money on it...but at the same time how can I go? Sometimes walking around makes me want to puke, how can I get on a roller coaster? Or go down a water slide?

The anti-nausea meds are helping. Now that I have been taking them awhile and know the best time of day I am hardly throwing up at all. Even so, I have still lost 2.6 lbs this week (for a total of 17). I'm obviously not feeling myself or able to eat everything in the fridge anymore...and the thought of limiting my diet to what I can get at a stand in an amusement park is scary stuff. We're really trying to figure out how we want to do this. I can't spend the whole summer vacation keeping the family tied to the house because I just might get sick, but the thought of going out somewhere that I don't have a bucket and a change of clothes immediately handy is frightening.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor Melinda, I feel for you. Being sick sucks. I wish I had some helpful advice for you.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!