Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another Double Edition

I'm sick again. My gall bladder really did a number on me. I thought I just wasn't taking it easy enough last week, but the days wore on and I wasn't feeling any better. I called the doctor and got on some heavy duty anti-nausea medicine, and got an appointment to see him yesterday.

Seems that the only explanation for all of my symptoms is that somehow, even without my gall bladder, I still have gall stones roaming around my body. Making me sick and jaundiced. So I'm down another 3.8 lbs this week for a total of 14.4 lbs lost. I hate how my weigh ins have become less of a way to hold me accountable to my diet and exercise and more of a way to chronicle my illness, but hopefully soon these numbers will stop being so dramatic. My test to see where the gall stones are is in a week, and hopefully my surgery will follow very shortly after that. Looking forward to finally, finally feeling better...for good this time.

2 comments:

  1. I hope this surgery fixes everything and you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry you have to wait so long for the test. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer after that for more surgery, if that's what they discover is needed.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!