Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monday Moments: Tuesday edition

It's hard to imagine that just a week ago I was coming home from the hospital thankful for everything in my life. I tried and tried to hold on to that feeling, but today these kids got to me. The toddler refused a nap even though he was horribly, terribly cranky and in obvious need of one. The nine year old is refusing to sit anywhere but on the arm of the best piece of furniture we own, something sure to ruin it sooner or later. I'm constantly nagging her not to do it, then she'll get up and do something like knock on the window until the dog starts barking...

I called my husband and took a walk through the backyard trying not to completely snap and throw both kids and the dog in a box and ship them to Timbuktu.

While I was out there I discovered what has been living in the shed. I knew something lived there, it is surrounded by holes, there are wear marks on the wood from animals rubbing on it. I have been imagining and dreading what lives in that shed since it has been nice enough to go outside. Was it a snake? A skunk? We were smelling one rather frequently.



Nope, it's this guy. How cute is he? I know they're a nuisance, but I can't help but think how I'd like to name him Simon and carry him around in my pocket. At least I can laugh at my irrational fear of the thing from the shed, even if I can't exactly laugh at the kids today.

1 comment:

  1. Don't they have a grandma you can ship them off to for a day or two (or three hundred) while you recover?

    LOL at Simon. We have a big fat possum that lives under our shed. We leave him alone because he doesn't bother anything and it's better than having a skunk under there.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!