Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Special double edition!

I swear this seems like laziness, but I have a really, really good excuse this time. See, last Wednesday when I posted my first ever "weigh in" and said that I hadn't actually worked out that day because I was sick? Well, I was really, really sick. I just didn't know about it yet.

Thursday I felt fine. I did two half hour sets of aerobics with a ten minute break in between where I did some nice, relaxing yoga. I felt awesome and I even convinced my husband to take me out and get me a tuna sandwich from my favorite sub place. The next day when he got home from work I threw it up, almost completely undigested. My husband ran to the pharmacy and talked to someone about my issue. We got instructions to stop all of my antacids I was taking (for what my personal doctor diagnosed as a severe stomach issue) and start taking Mylanta.

Saturday I got sick again, Sunday the whole family went to the beach. I felt okay, I drank mostly water and only ate things I had successfully kept down the night before (leftovers). As the day wore on I felt more and more pain, taking pictures of the kids only from exactly where I was sitting, not following them around the beach as I normally would.

On the way home I asked my husband to pull over the car. I managed to barely hold it together until we got to the house and then up came my breakfast. I drank an Ensure, desperate to get something in me, and confident I could keep it down after drinking two other bottles earlier in the week. Just two short hours later I threw that up too. I sat on the couch, looked at my husband and said, "At what point am I going to the hospital?" We packed up the kids and headed to the ER.

I explained to the doctors that I had barely kept anything down since Wednesday. I was kind of scoffed at and told that they would be checking my blood and urine and expecting to see some really off numbers if I were telling the truth. I didn't see another doctor for two more hours and when I finally did I was told my liver and my pancreas were both messed up, most likely because of my gall bladder. I ended up admitted for four days and having two emergency surgeries.

I definitely don't recommend it as a way to lose weight. But I am down 2.2 pounds this week for a total of 3.2.

And did I mention that my son fell off of the couch on Thursday, giving himself one hell of a black eye? That was nice. Every doctor and nurse at the hospital had to hear the story of why my kid was very obviously bruised up while they were examining me. Yikes...what a weekend.

1 comment:

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!