Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday Weigh In

I hate posting this right now. Not that I haven't lost weight this week, because I have. A lot of weight. Way more than what is healthy or what I have worked for or would recommend anyone else try to lose in a week. I just want to make sure that I am posting here that losing this weight was a terrible, miserable experience. I just want to make sure no one thinks of this as me bragging.

Down 4.6 lbs.

I am hoping to have more of a challenge in the coming weeks. I can't wait to get back to my aerobics and the mood altering effects they have on me, but I will have to. Physically, I just can't.

Another physical can't...eating fatty foods. Your gall bladder processes those and I no longer have one. The other night we were out late buying my manicure kit and some medicines I needed. It was too late to go home and cook dinner, but what on earth could I eat? I ended up getting something off of the Weight Watchers menu at Applebee's. My husband looked at me funny when banging my head trying to decide between all four entrees they offer. "If that doesn't sound good, why not just go off of the 550 calorie menu?" Well, hubby, there is no saying that 550 calories can't be fattening as all hell, Weight Watchers won't be.

For the record I had the steak and portabellos. The meal is mostly broccoli and steamed potatoes. The portabellos were way meaty, I barely ate them and I'm a mushroom person. Still though, I am thankful that restaurants are trying these days. And I'm sure going to Applebee's and ordering off of the 550 calorie menu is WAY better for you than your average entree, I just can't take the risk right now.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a gall bladder anymore either and I have no problem eating the way I used to... not that eating that way was healthy... but there seems to not be much of an effect at all after the removal of the GB...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, they told me I had to slowly integrate them back into my diet over the next six weeks. In July I'm buying a candy bar. LOL

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!