Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surprise!

FedEx has assured me that the package arrived. I can only assume it was opened and I am dying to hear some kind of reaction. I keep having to remind myself that she just had a baby and I'm irrational to think she's going to get right back to me.

So without further ado, I bring you the small surprise I threw in with the diaper bag.



A matching changing pad! It was so simple to do and turned out really cute, I think.



I made it so it folds up into this adorable envelope shape and I even backed it...



With vinyl! I had heard that vinyl can be really tough to work with and very sticky. Honestly, it did stick a few times but it was so much easier than I was anticipating. I even made sure to correct a problem that my own store bought changing pad had. On the plastic side (the easy to clean side that most people change the baby on) my changing pad has the scratchy hard part of the Velcro. Not cool when your baby gets his little legs and arms all marked up, or gets his clothes caught on it. So I made sure that the softer piece of Velcro was on that side. If I still changed tiny baby diapers I would SO be making one of these for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!