Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Better late



I said I would post the pictures of Grandma's birthday gift yesterday, but I got sick. Again. It is getting to be way too regular of an occurrence for me.

Anyway, I asked for advice on what to make for her and got a whole lot of lavender scented options from Allison. All of which reminded me that I had a Cotton Ginny's pattern for a lavender scented kitty that drapes over a chair or sits on a shelf. It wasn't a practical gift, unless you count the air freshening, insect repelling properties of lavender, but Grandma has a stuffed cat in every room of her house. It seemed perfect and she thought it was just darling.



It turned out much cuter than I expected it to. (I am just not a cat person and my mother-in-law bought the pattern for me.) I really loved the satin stitched whiskers with the variegated thread leftover from my purse. It looked much cuter in person. I really need a better way to take indoor photos now that the weather has turned.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! The whiskers look really cool in the varying colors.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!