Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Vampire



The doll body is finished. Initially, I had thought she was going to be a young girl all dressed up for trick-or-treating. Now that she is done I definitely see why the vintage doll making book I was basing her off of called her a lady. I think now that she is an actual vampire, which flushes all of my costume ideas down the drain.



I don't like her neck. It's way too long. She looks almost alien. I have decided that she needs a high collared dress to hide this particular flaw. I found this site while searching for inspiration. Gorgeous, gorgeous dresses. I am quite sure I can't pull off something so dramatic, but I think I can maybe pull easier elements from some of these dresses and simplify them for my doll.

3 comments:

  1. She's looking good!

    A high collared dress was the first thing I thought of too when you said her neck is too long...though I didn't notice anything wrong with the length of her neck. Puffy sleeves and shoulder pads would visually shorten her neck too.

    I'm excited to see how she's going to turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a high collared dress for her. Very vampirey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW...great embroidery work.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!