Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sneak preview



I picked up a novelty bundle of Halloween fabrics and was totally inspired to do a Halloween doll. Here she is as far as I've worked on her. The fabric paint and glitter around her eyes is drying and once it's done she's going into the embroidery hoop to get the rest of her facial features.

I am thinking that I'll make her a little hooded cape out of the fabric behind her so that the green monster eyes rest right above her head.



Here are her legs so far. Another little bit of inspiration provided by a costume lace. I layered it over top of the muslin before I sewed her legs together. I am having a lot of fun working on her and already have plans for a second Halloween doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!