Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Embroider your cake and ice cream too



I mentioned in my Vintage post that I had picked up a miniature cross stitch pattern book up at a local thrift store. I also mentioned that I was going to try to teach my step-daughter this crafty skill. She stitched about one row on a little duckling from the pattern book, then went off to watch Jonas Brothers.

Later, my husband told me that she had repeatedly asked him, "Did she finish my duckling yet?" Ha! I think that means I failed.

I have had a fun time playing with the hoop and embroidery floss though. I used to cross stitch a lot as a little girl, so it has been a combination of crafty release and a trip down memory lane.



This little double scoop ice cream cone is from the 1983 pattern book I picked up. It is super tiny, cute and simple. I have no idea what I'll do with it from here.



My slightly less tiny, super cute strawberry shortcake pattern came from this blog I just discovered, Cross Me Not. She has quite a few free cross stitch patterns, each and every one of them adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I think these are awesome anyway, but the fact that they're tiny makes them even better. For some reason, miniature things are just cuter to me.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!