Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Modern Infinity Scarf

I mentioned yesterday that I had an infinity scarf on my sewing machine, and I finished up the hand stitching on it this morning. I love it. It is going to be hard to give this one away, really hard. 


I made this for my youngest sister's birthday using the "heart" part of my Infinity Scarf Tutorial. She is going to be 18 (and hopefully isn't a blog reader) and when I asked about what color she might wear I got, "I don't know, black?" I kind of wanted to bang my head into the wall. I mean seven black fabrics? I must have walked around my local quilt shop for a half hour at least! 

In the end I had two tone on tone black prints, a solid black, a solid gray, the dark gray (stone) Huevos, the ring dot and the single seriously bright print. I am so in love with that print, but also nervous that it will be the deciding factor in whether or not she wears this. I will be crossing my fingers and tossing this into a box, quickly, because I think if it sits here too much longer it will end up around my neck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!