Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tie Dye Character Shirts

There has been no shortage of Scooby Doo in my house for the last month! My son Gabe and I both dressed up as characters from the show for Halloween, and this was after we had already started planning a little Scooby Doo birthday.


Mostly, Gabe's birthday consisted of some cake. We're going to put together little treat bags and possibly do a second cake over Thanksgiving with some extended family, but we couldn't let the actual day pass without some sort of celebration! 


I painted some characters on plain white shirts and picked up a tie dye kit on clearance to test out a theory I had (and to distract the kids a little). 


It turns out you can tie dye over top of fabric paint, but it is a lot of work! I'm wondering if the same effect could be gotten a lot easier by printing coloring pages onto iron-on paper. Maybe we'll try that theory next year! It would certainly be more doable for larger groups that way! 



1 comment:

  1. The shirts look awesome! Did you freehand, or use a stencil?

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!