Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Moments

I'm going to go a little retro today. 


I did say a little! I can't believe this photo was taken almost six months ago! It seems like so much has happened and it can't possibly have been less than a year, while simultaneously it seems like there is no way my baby is nearly that old! 

I made this page during one of the Speed Scraps on the My Memories Facebook page. It's something you just cannot do with paper scrapbooking and so fun. You get one step at a time, and usually about ten minutes to complete a step, but it really isn't timed. All of the steps are listed in a page at the end so you can go back and complete the challenge whenever! For this one we had to use a patterned background paper, one photo in black and white or sepia tone, two different shapes, a title longer than three letters, a word art longer than three words, and a small heart. Seriously simple, but also cute, and it's amazing how different the pages looked when we were all following the same rules. 

(Sometimes they don't turn out so cute. Mine last night was a disaster, but I only wasted a few minutes of time and not that last scrap of my favorite paper or anything!)

Speaking of My Memories, they were featured on Lifetime Television recently and are doing a great promo to go along with it! Right now they have a free trial version of the software (should you decide you want the full software my discount code is here in the sidebar) and a free photo book, with a video tutorial for how to put it all together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!