Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Monday Moments: Retro Edition



I was busy yesterday, and "Retro Tuesday Edition" seemed like a crummy title. But I am here, and preparing to celebrate my son's third birthday. How did that happen? How did I bring him home from the hospital in his little Winnie the Pooh hat and matching overalls three years ago?

It alternately seems like it can't have been that long and like he has to have been around longer. How can there be so many funny stories and so much love for a person I have only known three years? Was I really only 27 when he was born?

In a way, he is the reason for this blog. When I was pregnant and nesting so bad I couldn't stand it I begged for a sewing machine. I didn't want to clean my house, I wanted to create things. And I got it for my birthday, so hugely pregnant I couldn't even fit my belly under the table. Eventually, I got on it and cobbled together what I could remember from junior high sewing class and the instructions from the book I started making things. Now I couldn't imagine my life without either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!