Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Charitable preview



I thought I'd share a little peek at what I have been working on, and a bit of information on what they're for.



These are the main parts of some small stroller/tummy time sized baby blankets. I needed something little, easy to complete, yet still irresistibly adorable because I want people to pay a lot of money for them.

Over spring break we got an e-mail from my husband's cousin asking us to join a group on Facebook called Get Well Luke. The e-mail had said something about Luke having cancer, and try as he might, my husband couldn't think of a single Luke that he and his cousin both knew. That was because my husband couldn't fathom that the person was a 15 year old family member. We sat in stunned silence when we got to the page full of well wishing from high school kids.

Luke has lymphoma. He is undergoing treatment for at least four tumors, and if the medical bills weren't crippling enough, his family lost an income when his mom had to sit by his hospital bed for weeks at a time. The family is holding a benefit in Kalamazoo, MI on June 5. There will be a dinner, a raffle and a silent auction, which is where I'll be placing these blankets (hopefully along with a matching rattle if I can figure out a pattern) when they're finished.

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable. You're a good egg, Melinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love the quilts and this is such a nice thing to do!

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!