Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Taking shape



It looks like a dress already! Impressive since the sides aren't sewn and the sleeves and band around the bottom are missing completely.

I had a heck of a time with the button holes. I've done them before with no problems, but something about this particular time really did not sit well with the machine. I am definitely going to have to run some practice holes before I start on the next dress. The pattern on the neck of this one really helped to hide the flaws in them. The next dress is going to be solid at the top. Nowhere for flaws to hide there.

I decided that the cottons are too thin on the bottom, so I quit working even though I was on a roll and ran down to the fabric store to buy some thicker cotton to line them. I am not 100% sure how I am going to do that yet, but I do have a couple of ideas. We'll see how they work out soon. I got a little extra, just in case.

3 comments:

  1. It's coming along nicely!

    Those fabrics look really good together...I was a bit skeptical, but trusted you knew what you were doing, which of course you did.

    I found a box to mail your jar of buttons in but it's bigger than the jar...so I'm wandering around my studio looking in cubbyholes finding all kinds of stuff to fill the rest of the box with. (I've been chanting "here Froggy, here Froggy, Froggy".)

    It is, of course, my pawning my craft leftovers off onto you...don't feel obligated to keep anything you don't want.

    I'll mail it before the end of the week...I have to, since Saturday I start tearing my studio apart for the remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture you calling out to the froggies in your studio. Wo-hoo for a bigger box!

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!