Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Patchwork Bag



Here it is! The purse is finally finished and I couldn't be happier. I was tired of carrying around the last bag I made, and frankly a little embarrassed. I have learned so much more about sewing since that last bag, and have become so much better at it. I'm glad to have something now that actually shows what I am capable of even if it isn't everything I initially sketched into the pattern.



The bag is 11 1/4 inches tall, 16 1/2 inches long and 5 1/2 inches wide. It is very large. Now I can accumulate more things than I ever thought possible over the next several months and wonder if I need something larger when I go to make the winter model.



This last picture I don't like so much, but it does show the other side of the bag.

I really like how it turned out. My husband has requested that I make another one for my mother-in-law's birthday coming up. I am thinking of writing that one up as a tutorial(that should take away some of the confusion from the comments on my sneak peek).

I'm going fabric shopping for her bag on Friday, so I hope to get my other little projects finished in the meantime...and to get my mind made up on the tutorial business by then.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see a tutorial on this! What an awesome bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's incredible!

    I love the fabrics combination, the quilting looks great, and I especially like the bamboo rings in the straps (I don't know why I do, I just do).

    Sewing just amazes me...it seems like it should be so easy when I picture it in my head, but when I sit down in front of a machine I realize how hard it is...I've never been able to get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments, ladies!

    Those bamboo rings are a mystery to me, Keli. They were on clearance at Wal-mart of all places and came 5 to a package. Five. So their actual purpose can't be to hold up purse straps(they'd either come 2 or 4 to a pack then). I completely misused them. I wish I would have bought every pack on the shelf though, because they worked so perfectly...and because I have one lonely ring left.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!