Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hippity Hoppity

I can't sing that Peter Cottontail song anymore without chanting it like a monk from the "Fantastic Easter Special" of South Park. What can I say? Crudely animated tiny swearing children are just my sense of humor.

My current crafty creations are bunnies for my kids' Easter baskets. I'm doing my step-daughter's first because I'm making hers in a bright spring cotton that should prove fairly easy. I am imagining my son's bunny in corduroy, though and am thinking it will be more challenging.

I'm already thinking about my next project(which coincidentally isn't even on the huge project idea list that sits on the clip board in my sewing room). I was ridiculously excited when I stumbled across a photo of baggies made of cloth in one of my recent Google searches. It was a "D'OH!" moment for me, complete with the Homer Simpson smack to the head. Why hadn't I thought of that?

We already use reusable lunch sacks in this house. We reuse every bag the grocery store has ever given us, recycle it when it can't be used anymore and never, ever take plastic over paper anything if we have a choice. We often skip the bags altogether at the stores and carry our loot out in our hands, or put it in the basket under the stroller. To me, this makes so much sense and is an obvious candidate not only for my next project, but for our next step in being a more earth friendly household.

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea! I want to make some little produce baggies out of muslin instead of using the plastic ones at the store. I've been meaning to do that foreeeeeverrrr.....

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!