Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Moments


We took the kids to Bowen's Mill yesterday. I think they only do cider now, no more grain, but they did have a little museum area set up with all of the equipment. I should have taken pictures, but didn't realize until I got home that maybe Keli, and readers of her blog, would like to have seen all of that. (Keli made a miniature replica of a French grain mill that is mind blowing!)

This is the part where it's really incredible that I didn't think to take any photos of the grain stuff, because this is the lock on the door in the far right of the above picture. The door that was taken off of the old French mill. I stood there and read the whole hand written note on it, and pointed out the names scribbled on the door to my step-daughter. I turned the camera on this really intricate lock, and I still didn't think about the connection. I blame the baby.

They had more stuff, like this crazy metal slide built into a tree. It had planks of wood nailed to the trunk instead of steps. My husband had to climb up on the branches to help the kids get to the top. Gabe was seriously brave, and his sister was seriously smart, letting him be the guinea pig before she would take a chance on it.

In the end they both went down a few times. They made huge piles of leaves at the bottom while the other laboriously climbed the tree and laughed hysterically when they landed in them. It was a pretty good time, even though the quilt show they advertised (and part of the reason we went) was only about a half dozen quilts with no information on them. Hmph!


My husband requested that I replicate this one, and have in on our bed before snow flies. I laughed at him, but it was an interesting request. Who knew he liked bear paw blocks, flying geese and applique? Not that he has any idea what any of that means...

1 comment:

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!