Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Burp cloths

I got these Carters burp cloths as a gift at my last baby shower, and I LOVED them. I had a lot of mom friends tell me that I'd never use them, because I'd be too afraid of my baby puking on the cute ones. This logic kind of baffles me though, because everything for baby gets puked on, pooped on, or peed on in those first few months. So should I have nothing cute for my little girl? I think not!
I set out to buy more, but couldn't find them in the stores, and the ones I found online were $10 for three. I decided that I could buy my own interlock knit at those prices and make some cute ones myself. I hit a sale at JoAnn Fabrics and was able to make all of these for less than $9!

And look how they stack up to the store bought ones! Hardly a noticeable difference! I didn't do any embroidery or applique on these ones for my baby, but I think it could be really easily done and would make them so much more gift-able!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!