Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Moments



Sunday was the birthday party for my sweet little boy. He got a tricycle from his grandma. He runs up to it several times a day screaming, "Boike!" He hops on and rings the bell, but is just the tiniest bit shy of reaching the pedals.



He also got a wooden train set and a couple new wooden trains to push along the tracks. He got some motorized trains too and a new train whistle. I think he might just be the luckiest boy in the world.



I even tried my hand at decorating a train cake for him. Unfortunately, having not decorated a cake in almost a year I had no idea that my couplers went missing to my decorating set. I cried for half a minute about how I didn't have time to run to the store and buy new ones, then I used my appetizer gun (made for filling deviled eggs and the sort) to pipe in the icing. It turned out well considering I was using the completely wrong tools for the job, but I can't help looking at it thinking what could have been. My son didn't care. He thought it was amazing and yelled "Train! Choo! Choo! Cake." And then asked to blow out the candles twice because it was so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Gabe! He totally scored on the goods!

    And I was going to compliment you on the nice job you did on the cake...then I read that you didn't even have the right tools - so an even bigger congratulations for pulling that off so well.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!