Saturday, November 21, 2009

Is this terrible?


I bought the flannel (dark brown to bring out the browns in the fabric) to back the diaper bag on Thursday night and got all of the pieces cut and sewn yesterday afternoon.

I compared it to the size of my purse and it is exactly the same, however, the Bohemian Bag has ties on the top that close off two panels from both the front and the back. Leading me to the decision that I need two more panels added to one side to balance it out and maintain the shape.

Here is the part I'm wondering about. Would it be awful to not buy two more pieces of fabric? Given that the very end panels wrap around the sides anyway (and would not be seen from the front) could I repeat some fabrics without it seeming too cheesy?

Right now I am thinking of adding the two new panels to the end with the yellow monkeys. Next to the yellow monkeys would be a repeat of the cream with brown and red spots and then I haven't decided what fabric would go on that last side yet, possibly the red with numbers. But, this all hinges on you folks telling me this isn't a bad idea.

2 comments:

  1. "Would it be awful to not buy two more pieces of fabric? Given that the very end panels wrap around the sides anyway (and would not be seen from the front) could I repeat some fabrics without it seeming too cheesy?"

    Use what you have. I do not think it is awful OR cheesy to repeat fabric. I do it on purpose often to use up scraps, etc., and typically you are the only person who knows that it might should look different. But, think of it like this... you're putting your own stamp on it soon. I think it will look fantastic... your stuff always looks fantastic. Have some confidence, and Just Do It! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, you are so right! I would be the only one to know that the pattern called for a different fabric in each spot and it will look great. I think I just needed to hear that from a voice outside my own head. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!