Saturday, July 11, 2009

Meow!



The Pussycat half of Melly & Me's Owl and Pussycat duo is finished.



Construction wise she was much easier than her counterpart. I think she turned out really cute, but I wish I would have used a different color of embroidery floss for the nose, mouth, and whiskers. Things to keep in mind next time.



And finally, I'll include this picture of the lining, just for my friend Erin. She occasionally sends me fabric scraps from her stash and I used two of her fabrics on this project. I know she loves seeing it put to good use.



Now for the "bad" news. This will be my last post until my Monday Moment, and Monday's post won't happen until late in the evening. (Anyone else singing Paul Simon now?) We are going to my mother-in-law's cabin for the weekend. No cable, no computer and barely any cell phone service. I plan on bringing a lot of little hand sewing projects to occupy me while grandma occupies the kids.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! How wonderful! Cool to see the fabric you used too...! :) I agree w/ the floss color comment, but as you mentioned... just something to keep in mind for next time! Way to go! I hope you have a fun weekend!

    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out nice!

    I agree with the floss color comment too...each project teaches us a little something, this was your little something this time.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!