Tuesday, July 21, 2009

From Birdhouse to...



Doghouse! I can't believe with all of my dog related posts lately that no one saw these coming. Though I did enjoy the ideas about what I was going to do with the birdhouses, especially the comment about how I should definitely think before I put them in my sewing machine. Ha!



I made these to use as table decorations for the baby shower I'm throwing next month. I knew I wanted something else to add to the theme, and when I saw the birdhouses I knew right away that they were it.



Aren't they cute? I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Nearly exactly what I pictured in my head.

7 comments:

  1. Ummm... those are AMAZING. I hope you are planning on selling those or opening your own party planning / decorating business after the shower is over...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a really fantastic job on these. i agree with erin that you should be paid for this kind of thing. etsy shop!!! craft fairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! They're absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that paper or fabric on the sides and roof of the house?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is paper! I painted the edges of the house, then used a similar color of chalk to distress the edges of the paper and glued them on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!! They are absolutely ADORABLE!!! Where did you find the paper with the paw prints? I am going to make these for my God daughter's baby shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I bought all of those papers at The Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!