Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Moments

I am still without laptop. As a matter of fact, it appears that it had more than one issue. On Friday the repair guy said it would be done Saturday. On Saturday, he ran a test on it after the repair and it crashed a second time. After that, he was no longer sure it could be repaired at all. I was sad for a minute, but it wasn't hard this weekend to see that a broken computer and hours of lost work is nothing to complain about.

We visited my husband's uncle this weekend. He was given less than three months to live last week. While we were there, his wife received a call from someone, asking questions about pall bearers. It was almost unbelievable that this man who could tell us about his time in the Korean War in incredible detail, could also be planning his own funeral. It was heartbreaking, but also, somehow, the way you imagine a death. Time to say goodbye, old enough to have seen your grandchildren grow to be adults and have children of their own. 

Not children the age of my son, one of whom bore the name of my daughter.

I have been sewing a lot. It keeps my mind off of things, and I feel like now, more than ever, the world needs to be prettier. I will share with you all when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!