Thursday, September 29, 2011

I've been working on



The bumper for the baby's crib. I'm binding it right now (who needs piping? Not me!) and wow is hand sewing that seriously long edge tedious! I'd say I'm more than half way done though. So hopefully tomorrow I can post a picture of it up in her bed. Don't hold me to that, though, as I do have a baby shower happening this weekend.



Speaking of the shower, I mentioned in my post last week that I was looking for favor inspiration. This is what I decided on. It would have been way better in a sugar cookie with royal icing, but I really didn't have the time to learn a new skill before the party. So chocolate covered Rice Krispy Treats it is. They didn't turn out as cute as I thought. It's hard piping features on such a bumpy surface! Still though, I think at least the kids will be delighted with them.

1 comment:

  1. Cute monkeys! I want to eat one...okay, I really want to eat about three or four, I love rice krispie treats.

    ReplyDelete

No more annoying word verification! I do still moderate comments though, so if you don't see yours, I haven't approved it yet! Don't worry, I will!